• After completion of your tattoo, you should wait for at least 2 hours before removing the bandage on your tattoo. It is recommended to gently wash the tattoo with anti-bacterial or a neutral soap to remove any blood, ointment or any residue from your skin. This will help reduce any cause of infection. Avoid hot water as it will make your skin burn.
• After washing your tattoo, it is recommended to apply a thin layer of ointment on the surface of your skin. This process should be repeated 2-3 times daily during 10 days.
• We encourage our clients to wash their tattoo twice a day and keep it clean in between to help the healing process.
During the first days, your tattoo may be prone to swelling depending on its location. We recommend to use a bag of ice on the surface of the tattoo to stop the bleeding and help reduce any painful area.
• After 2-3 days, healing stage will proceed and your tattoo will start to peel. This is normal and requires additional care.
You can then start to use a neutral, hydrating cream or lotion on the surface tattooed. It is important to keep your skin moisturized to prevent any cracking or bleeding. It might take some weeks for all scabs to fall off but let them be naturally or it could result in a loss of ink on your tattoo.
Things to avoid during healing phase:
• Avoid submerging your tattoo in water as it will make scabs fall prematurely. It is also recommended to avoid any swimming pools, sea, bathtubs or jacuzzi for at least 2 weeks as they might contain bacteria which causes infections.
• If your clothes are stuck on your tattoo, do not rip them off but instead apply water on the surface to remove it easily.
• Sun is absolutely avoidable for at least 2 weeks as it might make your ink fade and you might get skin problems resulting from sunburns.
• Avoid intensive works with your tattooed area as sweat and fatigue might alter the healing process or cause scabbing.